Important Information about Christmas Delivery Timeframes
Due to expected heavy Christmas demand and unpredictable courier deliveries, please be advised of this important information:
Last Order Dates for expected Christmas delivery (as defined by our couriers) are below. We are no longer able to deliver gifts before Christmas
- Sydney Same-Day Courier: PASSED COURIER XMAS CUTOFF (10:00am Thur 24th December)
- Sydney Next Bus Day: PASSED COURIER XMAS CUTOFF (2pm Friday 18th Dec)
- Other Metro and Cities: PASSED COURIER XMAS CUTOFF (12.00pm Thursday 17th Dec)
- Rest of Australia: PASSED COURIER XMAS CUTOFF (12.00pm Wednesday 16th Dec)
- Daily cutoff for last orders is now 12.00pm Monday-Friday
- Orders for the dates of 29th, 30th and 31st December will all be shipped by Thursday 24th December, and we cannot guarantee arrival on an exact date.
You may still place orders for delivery on available dates after Christmas and in 2021.
Gourmet Basket cannot be held responsible for delays beyond our control, and we ask you treat our Service Team with courtesy. Thank You
|Preferred Delivery Window||Important Information about shipping times|
Week of 14th December
Christmas Order Cutoff dates are in effect. See above.
Week of 21st December
|Christmas Last Order Dates have passed. We will pack and ship your gift as soon as your order comes in, but there is no guarantee it will arrive before Christmas. Last gifts will leave Gourmet Basket on 24th December at midday. Couriers will deliver between Christmas and New Year during weekdays, and not on Public Holidays.|
Delivery after Christmas
|Choose your preferred date in calendar. We are closed from midday 24th December, returning 4th January. You may still place orders online at any time. Preferred delivery dates can be selected from January 6th onwards. Standard delivery time-frames apply, with Covid delays.|
Standard Delivery Times and FeesThe fee and estimated delivery timelines are outlined in the table below. By entering a Postcode on the Cart page, the available options below will be displayed. Please note: Delivery times are based on published information from our couriers, however due to occasional unforseen courier delays are not guaranteed in any way by Gourmet Basket.
|Destination||Delivery Fees||Estimated Delivery Time|
|Click and Collect||No Charge||Orders placed before 2.00pm on any business day may be collected from our offices between 10.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday in Belrose, NSW 2085. For more information, please click here.|
Sydney Metro Same Day Express
Must order by 10.45am AEST on business days.
Available to selected Sydney metro postcodes – click
for the list.
Deliveries are scheduled to arrive from 1pm to 6pm the same
business day – and must be signed for.
If no-one is home, a re-delivery attempt will be made between 1pm
and 6pm the following business day, and if that fails the gift will be returned to us. Orders placed on
weekends will be delivered the following
business day. A new delivery fee will apply for 2nd
deliveries, due to no-one receiving the gift, or wrong addresses
Special delivery arrangements can be made for orders placed after 10.45am, using an express courier, however additional fees may apply. Please call 1300 120 451 for details.
|Sydney Metro Standard Courier Order by daily Cutoff||$13.95||Delivered between 9am and 5pm the next business day, or later as chosen, subject to unforseen courier delays.|
|Outside Sydney and Regional NSW Order by daily Cutoff||<5kg: $16.95 5-9kg: $19.95 9kg+: $24.95||Delivered between 9am and 5pm the next business day to most locations, subject to unforseen courier delays. For heavy hampers with 2 or more bottles of wine to country NSW, delivery may take 2-3 days.|
|Melbourne, Canberra & Brisbane Metro Order by daily Cutoff||<5kg: $16.95 5-9kg: $19.95 9kg+: $24.95||Delivered between 9am and 5pm next business day or as selected, subject to unforseen courier delays.|
|Rest of Australia Order by daily Cutoff||
By Road (5 Bus days) <5kg: $19.95 5-9kg: $24.95 9kg+: $29.95 |
Air Express (1-2 Bus days) <3kg: $19.95 3-5kg: $29.95 5-9kg: $34.95 9kg+: $59.95
|If you select Air Express delivery will be 1-2 business days . For heavy hampers with 2 or more bottles of wine, or when choosing Road delivery, the freight is heavier and will take 5+ days. For remote locations delivery can take up to 5+ business days.|
|Sydney Special Postcodes – Beginning with “1”||$22.95||Orders placed before 4.15pm will be delivered between 9am and 5pm the next business day, or later as chosen, subject to unforseen courier delays.|
Gourmet Basket will use its nominated courier and all delivery times are estimates only.
- Ordering times based on EST- Eastern Standard Time
- Deliveries to PO Boxes will attract an additional delivery fee of $10.95 (inc GST)
- Additional gifts to the same address attract a $10 delivery fee per gift (inc GST), except for Sydney, which is $5 per additional gift, when ordering 10 or more gifts.
- Additional gifts to the same address using Sydney Same Day Courier attract a $15 delivery fee per gift.
- Once an order is accepted by Gourmet Basket, orders are dispatched in accordance with the estimated timeframes above.
- Once your order has been accepted by Gourmet Basket, we are unable to make changes to your order.
- Deliveries are made during normal business hours, being 9am – 5pm on weekdays.
- Deliveries are not currently available on weekends or public holidays.
- All parcels are bar-coded and able to be traced, to ensure safe delivery. However, all parcels are not real-time trackable, they are only traceable in the event they go missing.
- Once your order has been distributed Gourmet Basket’s nominated carrier it becomes their responsibility. Gourmet Basket are not liable and/or responsible for any delays and/or lost and/or stolen orders in transit.
- As our gifts contain perishable items, and often need to be in the hands of the receiver on a specific date, if a recipient is not available to take delivery, gifts will be left in a safe place, as determined by Gourmet Basket, on the premises. By ordering a gift, you acknowledge our authority-to-leave.
- If a gift is not able to be found on the premises, and Gourmet Basket can provide evidence of delivery from the courier, then unfortunately this will not entitle the purchaser to a refund or replacement, as the gift has been delivered.
- If a parcel is deemed unsafe to leave by the courier, a card will be left, and the parcel taken to the local Australia Post shop, ready for collection by you.
- Where possible, it is advisable to send the gift basket to a business address.
- We package all gift baskets in strong boxes so that items stay safe and arrive undamaged.
- Please note that a re-delivery fee will need to be charged if an incorrect address is given. Please ensure the delivery address you provide is correct, before placing your order. Parcels that are successfully delivered, when an incorrect address is provided, are not eligible for refunds.
- If delivering to a hospital, please ensure the patient will still be there within the delivery time-frame above.
- It is your responsibility to inform Gourmet Basket if an order has not arrived. We will then trace and locate the order.
- Gourmet Basket uses its nominated carrier for delivery of gift baskets by the date requested. However, any delivery timeframes are an estimate only and you acknowledge and agree that delivery within the estimated timeframe is not always possible due to unforeseen circumstances.
- At this stage, we do not deliver outside of Australia.
- For any further questions on shipping, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All fees Inc GST